Last week we covered the basics of wealth building, the first steps along the way. This week we need to move that on, and look at the next steps you can take as you gain experience and portfolio value over time.
This podcast is brought to you with the help of Seven Investment Management, a firm of investment managers based in London. They specialise in multi-asset investing, bringing institutional investing techniques to ordinary people like you and me. 7IM put their name to my show and to my site because they believe in what I’m doing, trying to get decent, easy-to-understand financial information out to the world. I’m very grateful to them for their support.
You can see what they’re up to at 7im.co.uk
Building Wealth: Next Steps
MeaningfulMoney has to cater to a very large audience, and as such it is often necessary to repeat the basics. But eventually, you'll need to expand your horizons. For those in the position of taking the next steps, this session is just for you.
In this session, you'll discover:
- That there's nothing new under the sun
- That you might need to consider options which are naturally outside your comfort zone
- Why the long-term view is the best perspective
- Some alternative tax wrappers you might find useful beyond pensions and ISAs
- Some alternative asset classes to consider
- A tax tip which can save you thousands on a larger portfolio
- Why gearing is useful when used in moderation
- Why your growing experience is the one of the most useful tools you can bring to bear
Resources mentioned in this show
Podcast: Advanced Investing
Podcast: Peer to peer lending
Podcast: Listener Questions Answered (including a question about private investing)
And of course, there's always a transcript available by clicking the big blue button below:
Join the conversation
I love to read and respond to your comments, so please do join in and share.
Question: Have you tried any of these wrappers or asset classes? How was your experience?
Share the love
If this show is of any use to you, it would help me massively if you would take the time to leave me a review on iTunes. This has a huge impact on keeping me near the top of the rankings, which in turns helps more people to find the show and to subscribe. Just click the button below: